2019 TARKANIAN CLASSIC GAME RULES
All NFHS rules will apply to the tournament except the following:
- Games will be played in 16 minute halves instead of 8 minute quarters.
- Game times will begin at the scheduled time. They will not begin early. Warm ups will be a minimum of 7 minutes even if the game starts late. Teams should be ready to warm up as soon as the previous game is over. The clock will begin right when the teams clear the floor.
- Half time will be 8 minutes in length
- There is no shot clock in Nevada
- A Nike Game Ball will be provided
- Teams should bring their own balls for warm ups
- Each team will get (4) 30 second time outs for the game
Other Important Information
- Check in for the tournament Boys tournament will take place at Bishop Gorman High School.
- Check in for the Girls Tournament will take place at Durango High School. Tournament T-Shirts and Gatorade Products will be given out at Check in.
- All players and coaches will enter and exit through the player/coach entrance. Rosters will be double checked for player and coach entry into the games. Please make sure all parents, siblings, and spouses do not enter with the team.
- Upon arrival to your game each day, please check and see which locker room you will be using. There are four locker rooms at Bishop Gorman, Faith Lutheran, Desert Oasis, Coronado, Liberty, and Durango. Your team will need to take your equipment/gear out of the locker room during the game as the next team playing after you will be using the same locker room.
- If you have any questions about game times, schedules or anything else to do with the tournament, please contact Scott Porter at Tournament Headquarters.
Scott Porter: 269-209-3365
FOR PRINT VERSION OF THE RULES ... CLICK HERE